Thursday, July 19, 2007

Russell Timoshenko: Memory Eternal


New York City Police Officer Russell Timoshenko was buried today with the full rights of the Russian Orthodox Church. He died on the 15th of July five days after he was shot during a "routine" traffic stop. His partner was also shot but his injuries were happily not severe. The New York Times has a story which can be read here. They also interestingly have a link in their online story to a website that has the text for the Orthodox Funeral Service. Timoshenko was 23 and had only been on the force for about a year. May his memory be eternal!

3 comments:

William said...

This guy was truly amazing. I was going to say I wish there were more cops like him but I really wish there were more people like him.

Rest in Peace my friend

~BIL~

John (Ad Orientem) said...

Bil,
Thank you for reminding me of this young man's sacrifice. I will light a candle for him in church tomorrow.

May his memory be eternal!

Yours in ICXC
John

William said...

John,

How are you doing my friend? Sometimes I check back here just to read your post. I hope your well.

~BIL~