Tuesday, March 02, 2010

How not to run a Parish Council meeting

It's Lent and I don't want to be talking about scandals. But sometimes things happen that need to be addressed in a timely manner. Such is the case with the recent Parish Council meeting at the much troubled St. George Antiochian Orthodox Church. I am not going to post the details of that shocking affair. Follow the link and you will get a detailed report from Owen the Ochlophobist.

I will instead confine myself to asking how anyone can in conscience serve on such a body? I am a member of my parish's PC and it is so beyond my ability to imagine something like that happening, that had such a report come from almost any other source I would be strongly disposed to question its veracity. The only thing I might ever consider donating to that parish is a copy of Roberts Rules of Order as I walked out the door.

Please leave comments at Owen's site.

ANAXIOS!