Thursday, December 30, 2010

Ten reasons why I never wash

From Fr. Finigan's blog (I regret I don't have the link) via an email from Dr. Tighe
1. I was forced to as a child.
2. People who wash are hypocrites – they think they are cleaner than
everybody else.
3. There are so many different kinds of soap, I can’t decide which one
is best.
4. I used to wash, but I got bored and stopped.
5. I wash only on special occasions, like Christmas and Easter.
6. None of my friends wash.
7. I’ll start washing when I get older and dirtier.
8. I can’t spare the time.
9. The bathroom is never warm enough in winter or cool enough in
summer.
10. People who make soap are only after your money.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fr Z posted the link yesterday. If I do this right, it's http://the-hermeneutic-of-continuity.blogspot.com/2010/12/my-mum-forced-me-to-clean-my-teeth.html

Happy New Year!

Bill, tGf

Matushka Anna said...

That's pretty funny. (c;

Anastasia Theodoridis said...

Queen Elizabeth (the original) was very fastidious. She was said to bathe every single month, whether she needed it or not.

William Tighe said...

As opposed to her successor, James VI and I, of whom it was once remarked that he hadn't bathed in 37 years.