Friday, September 16, 2011

Georgia Man’s Supporters Fight Execution

“I think if my brother or son or dear friend from college were about to be put to death, and there was no physical evidence, and seven of nine witnesses had recanted and testified to coercion in that original testimony, would I shrug and say, ‘The jury made its decision?’ ” she wrote in an e-mail. “I just want people, particularly all the churchgoing people like me, to look me in the eye and tell me, just once, that this is justice.”
Read the rest here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I fail to understand how a supposed "Christian" nation can continue to cheer the deaths of human persons. I do not understand how we can rally around the potential deaths of innocents and in the very same breath decry abortion. I do not understand how we can continue to cry for the preservation of freedoms and at the same time give over more and more of ourselves to the state and the corporations that control it.

I used to think we were living in the last days of empire. I no longer think so. The last days have past. What we are living in now are the vapors of what remains, the last breath, the dying gasp. We are, for all intents and purposes, finished.

Lord, have mercy.