Sunday, February 08, 2015

Cardinal Burke Draws a Line

Cardinal Burke: I cannot accept that Communion can be given to a person in an irregular union because it is adultery. On the question of people of the same sex, this has nothing to do with marriage. This is an affliction suffered by some people whereby they are attracted against nature sexually to people of the same sex.

Question: If perchance the pope will persist in this direction, what will you do?

Cardinal Burke: I shall resist, I can do nothing else. There is no doubt that it is a difficult time; this is clear, this is clear.

Read the rest here.

Note: The source is a French television interview via a website affiliated with the SSPX. Still, unless the Cardinal was seriously misquoted, I can see no way to interpret this other than as a direct warning to the Pope.

See also Fr.Z's take.

2 comments:

Mcommini2 said...

So, do we actually have a Roman Catholic cardinal saying "Here I stand, I can do no other"?

Tawser said...

I can see Archbishop Lefebvre in heaven now smiling.