Thursday, June 25, 2015

Former Greek Archdiocesan Cathedral Musical Director Leaves for Episcopal Church

Church has always been an important part of my life, and it will continue to be the central expression of my faith in God, and the core of my spiritual life. Attending Liturgy was always the pinnacle of my week, and I have virtually every word of the Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom committed to memory as a result of years as a church musician. My experience of church is beginning to take a different shape, however, after several years of difficult and painful discernment. I am now leaving the Greek Orthodox Church, and continuing to live out my Christianity as an Anglican, in the Episcopal Church in the United States. 

Read the rest here.

9 comments:

A. T. Wallace said...

When I saw "Episcopal Church" in the post title, I thought to myself, "He's a homosexual, that's why." When I clicked the link, I was proven correct. It seems these days that's the only reason anyone would intentionally become an Episcopalian.

Patrick Sheridan said...

alienus dilectus, you speak for me also. The article is not even worth reading; such stories of discernment always end up with the same lousy finale.

Of course, I am queer too (which is something everyone should know) but I'd never join the Church of England. I might have done a century ago.

Prior Martin said...

My first thought was the same.......he must be a honosexual. Why else would anyone become an Episcopalian? It can't be for theological reasons, Episcopalians have no theology or to put it more accurately they have multiple theologies, including paganism.

Anaxagoras said...

*yawn*

Maybe the Episcopalians can be innovative and groundbreaking and create a metropolis or diocese of Eastern Rite Churches. Heavy on the liturgy, heavy on the externals, heavy on the AHEPA and rah rah Hellenism B.S. - but go full out gay on the moral part. Then extend an open invitation to all the "hurting members" that have been "alienated" by the Orthodox Church. I hear the gays love pretty liturgy and consider bad taste the worst of sins, aesthetic tyrants that they are, so the solution might work.

Anonymous said...

At least he is leaving the Church rather than staying and try to change it from within. If only all who refuse to repent would do so.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Good riddance. And I'm not saying this because he's gay. But since he clearly does not want to be in any way, shape, or form engaged in a life of repentance, then his staying would only do more harm than good. Maybe he'll try to bring about an Eastern Rite of the EPiscopal Church. I know that's laughable. But since gay sex is more important to him than the embracing of a life in Christ, good riddance.

Sybok said...

Anaxagoras, they already have, founded by a gay episcopal priest
http://www.easternanglicanism.org/