Your comment reminds me of a young man in a graduate level poli-sci course I was taking at SUNY Albany many years ago. During one class he delivered a passionate defense of Communism claiming it had raised billions from poverty and created classless prosperity wherever it had been allowed to function. I asked about the hundred million or so people who had either been outright murdered by Communists or killed by their economic policies. He responded that no one had ever been killed by Communists. I asked him about Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot. His reply... "they weren't Communists."
I swear no one in North America has any clue what Communism is 🤦
ReplyDeleteYour comment reminds me of a young man in a graduate level poli-sci course I was taking at SUNY Albany many years ago. During one class he delivered a passionate defense of Communism claiming it had raised billions from poverty and created classless prosperity wherever it had been allowed to function. I asked about the hundred million or so people who had either been outright murdered by Communists or killed by their economic policies. He responded that no one had ever been killed by Communists. I asked him about Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot. His reply... "they weren't Communists."
ReplyDelete