- Drop the penny. They cost more than they are worth to mint.
- Leave Jefferson on the nickel.
- Put Harry Truman on the dime.
- Put Teddy Roosevelt on the quarter.
- Put Ike on the half dollar. (Kennedy did not do anything worth being on our money.)
- Stop printing dollar bills and start minting $1.00 coins with George Washington of course.
- No more $2.00 bills
- Leave Lincoln on the $5.00 bill.
- Put FDR on the $10.00.
- Put Ronald Reagan on the $20.00.
- Put Martin Luther King on the $50.00. (My nod to political correctness.)
- Move Alexander Hamilton to the $100.00 bill.
- And if they ever go back to printing $1000.00 bills my vote goes to Jack Benny.
Thursday, April 05, 2012
What to do with our money?
The Times has a discussion up on what do with our currency. Most people seem to think some updating is in order (I agree). For the record here are a few of my suggestions.