Sunday, March 02, 2014

On the Eve of the Great Fast

I ask pardon for any offense that I may have caused in word, action or by neglect, especially for anything written on this blog. Please forgive me.

It has been my custom in years past to minimize blogging during Clean Week and refrain entirely during the first several days of the Fast. I hope to continue that practice this year, events personal and otherwise permitting. In closing I again ask your prayers for my step-father Harold who has been disconnected from all life support and is now in hospice.

I wish you all a blessed fast.

3 comments:

Abbot Theodore said...

May God''s mercy be with Harold, and his grace and mercy be with you
during the opening days of Lent.

Archimandrite Gregory said...

I join my prayers and blessings with those of Fr. Theodore for you and your family, especially your father Harold. May God be merciful and the Lady Theotokos enfold him in the folds of her holy mantle of Protection.

Bob said...

prayers for Harold, bushels of them