Monday, August 04, 2014

Memory Eternal

My Godfather William (Bill) reposed last night following a brief battle with pancreatic cancer. I spoke with him yesterday afternoon after receiving an email asking if I wanted his icons. I can say with absolute certainty that he was ready and at peace. In time I am sure that will provide some comfort to me. At the moment however the pain is too immediate and great. His last words to me were "I love you."

There will be no blogging until at least September 4th.

10 comments:

Matushka Anna said...

May his memory be eternal!

I'm so sorry...

Ben said...

John, I am so sorry for your loss. May you find some solace and assurance in the prayers of St. John the Wonderworker, the Theotokos and all the saints for you and the departed servant of God Bill. I will say prayers for him this evening.

May he find rest and repose in a place of light and refreshment where all sickness, sighing and sadness have fled away and may our good and merciful Lord make his memory eternal.

William G. said...

I am so sorry for your loss, and wis to echo the sentiments expressed above. Your commitment to mourning your loss s admirable; I hope you find consolation in the weeks ahead with the upcoming feasts of the Transfiguration and the Dormition, which seem especially pertinent. I pray that you and your godfather will be reunited in the communion of the saints in the age of the world to come.

Sophocles said...

I am sorry for your loss. Memory Eternal.

Fr. Yousuf said...

Memory Eternal!

Flambeaux said...

Memory eternal!

Patrick Sheridan said...

I am sorry for your loss, John. Prayers ascending.

Charles Woodrow said...

May his memory before God be eternal, and may the Holy Spirit comfort you and all who feel the sting of his death.

Alice C. Linsley said...

I'm so sorry. God grant him true repose and on the day of Christ's appearing may he rise in glory.

Anam Cara said...

Christ is risen!