Sunday, September 27, 2009

Prayer Request...

The people of the Philippine Islands have been struck with a terrible and disastrous flood. Many people have been killed or are missing and an unknown, but certainly large, number are homeless. I am informed via Rorate Caeli that an occasional correspondent and sometimes commentor on this blog Mr. Carlos Antonio Palad has been affected by this calamity. I ask that in your kindness you please lift up Mr. Palad, his family and all of those afflicted by nature's wrath in your prayers.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Lord, have mercy!

AP said...

Thank you for the prayer request. I and my family are safe and have found a place to stay in for the meantime. I live in a modest middle-class enclave that is historically beyond the reach of floods and so yesterday's catastrophe was a shock (and an equalizer) for me. Most of my belongings were damaged or destroyed by the floods but I'm thankful to be alive and well.

Do say a prayer for the thousands of the poorest people in Manila, many of whom lost everything that they had in that metropolis' worst flooding in decades.