Friday, October 01, 2010

JK Rowling refuses to rule out another Harry Potter book

JK Rowling, the Harry Potter author, has left fans on tenterhooks by not ruling out the possibility of another book.

The author said the characters from the phenomenally successful series are "in my head still" and one day she "could definitely" write several new books about them.

In an interview with US television chat show host Oprah Winfrey, the author added: "I'm not going to say I won't. I love writing them."

While not ruling out a follow up Rowling said that for now she has moved on to a new phase of her writing.While not ruling out a follow up Rowling said that for now she has moved on to a new phase of her writing.

She said: "I have to write for my own mental health. I need to write. I love it. I need to do it." In the hour long interview conducted in Edinburgh she said finishing the final Harry Potter book had been like a "bereavement." She said: "It was huge, although I knew it was coming. Initially I was elated, but then I cried like I haven't cried since my mother died." The author also described the vagaries of fame, including her "Beatles-esque" book tour of the US.
Read the rest here.

1 comment:

Visibilium said...

I hope that she writes another book. I'm in dire need of wizardry lessons.