Monday, March 05, 2012

Man sues Baptists for failed sports career

From the you just can't make this up file...
A retired semi-professional footballer is suing the Baptist church for £10m, claiming the 19 years he spent as a "fervent evangelist" ruined his chances of playing for Manchester United.

According to the London Evening Standard, 46-year-old Arquimedes Nganga, who currently lives in Forest Hill, London, but used to play for a third division side in his native Portugal, quit the sport at the age of 25, two years after he converted to the Baptist faith. He believes he could have earned £20,000 a week, despite never making more than £200 a month playing semi-professionally.
Read the rest here.
HT: Lowering the Bar (one of the better blogs out there, dedicated to proving that sometimes reality is stranger than fiction).

5 comments:

The Archer of the Forest said...

I'm going to sue Facebook for ruining my sports career.

John (Ad Orientem) said...

I bet Facebook has more money than the Baptists.

Unknown said...

I'm going to sue my parents for ruining my sports career. What on earth was I supposed to do with THESE genes?

Anonymous said...

If I had a dollar for every failed decision I'd made in life, I'd be rich now (unless I'd invested it in the stock market)...

Turnip Greens said...

Uncle Rico?