Monday, September 01, 2008

The limits of politics

It has been publicly announced that the daughter of the Governor of Alaska and presumptive Republican Vice-Presidential nominee is in the family way. While I was at work I received a rather disturbing number of emailed comments and more than a few requests for a comment on this subject, especially from friends, acquaintances and readers who do not share my political (and religious) views. So what's my opinion?

No comment. Gov. Palin's daughter is not running for public office. Until someone can persuade me otherwise, it's none of my business or anyone else's outside of their family. This is a Christian blog, not the gossip page of the New York Post. There are limits even to politics, and this is one of them.

Since a public announcement was made I will extend my best wishes and prayers to the expectant mother and her family.

Comments are off.