Tuesday, April 03, 2007

The Bridegroom comes (and I depart)

Behold, the Bridegroom comes at midnight, and blessed is the servant whom He shall find watching; and again, unworthy is the servant whom He shall find heedless. Beware, therefore, O my soul, do not be weighed down with sleep, lest you be given up to death and lest you be shut out of the Kingdom. But rouse yourself crying: Holy, holy, holy, are Thou, O our God. Through the prayers of the Mother of God Have mercy on us!

The time has come for me to pull the plug on blogging for a little while and focus on some more important things in life. There will not be any further updates on Ad Orientem until after Pascha. Exceptions may be made for major events or developments (at least one is possible though I think unlikely this week). Comments will remain on (approval may be a bit slower than usual) and I will try to check email periodically.

As a parting note it is an added joy this year that Orthodox and Roman Catholics observe the Great Feast on the same date. This is not a common occurrence and we should celebrate this
shared moment. Next year the Latin Easter is on the 23rd of March while Orthodox Pascha falls on April 27th. I wish each of you a blessed Holy Week and a joyous Feast of the Resurrection.

2 comments:

Alice C. Linsley said...

May this Pascha be especially blessed for you. I'll receive the Pascha communion this year as a newly chrismated member of the True Faith. Thank you, Lord, for You are good.

John (Ad Orientem) said...

Alice,
A blessed Pascha to you and yours. I was received last Holy Saturday and made my First Communion that night at Holy Pascha Liturgy. It was an incredible moment.