Saturday, June 18, 2011


If there are any bilingual (Russian-English) readers of this blog who have some free time, I would greatly appreciate a translation of two Russian articles brought to my attention by Carlos A Palad.  One deals with Church Slavonic in the 21st century and the other with the correction of liturgical books.  Thanks for any help.


Jon Marc said...

My Russian's not very good, but what I could understand in them was really interesting! I hope you can find someone to translate them for you!

Jon Marc said...

Something interesting in the second article was a reference to going through the services to replace words either not found in modern Russian or with variant meanings with more comprehensible words. I couldn't quite catch whether this was something already done or something the author recognized as needing to be done :-/.