Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Feds drop charges in poison mail case (Ooops!)

Charges were dropped Tuesday against the Mississippi man suspected of mailing ricin-laced letters to President Obama and other public officials — as authorities searched the home of another man hoping to find clues in the expanding investigation.

"I respect President Obama and love my country. I would never do anything to pose a threat to him or any other U.S. official," Kevin Paul Curtis said at a news conference Tuesday. 

Curtis was arrested last Wednesday at his home in Corinth, Miss. Two letters that initially tested positive for ricin, a poison, had been found earlier in the week -- one addressed to Sen. Roger Wicker, R-Miss., and one to President Obama.

"This past week has been a nightmare for myself and my family. My mother has suffered, as well as my children. I would like to get back to normal, which for me means being the best father I can to my children," he said.
Read the rest here.

Someone is owed one hell of an apology. This poor guy has just had his name splashed all over the news, and it will forever pop up in an internet search, that he was arrested for trying to assassinate the President of the United States.

No comments: