Thursday, August 16, 2012

Prince Philip is hospitalized again

LONDON -- Prince Philip, the husband of Queen Elizabeth II, has been taken to a Scottish hospital as "a precautionary measure," Buckingham Palace said Wednesday...

...When he turned 90, he told the British Broadcasting Corp. he was "winding down" his involvement with charities, and he has cut back on official duties. But he still carries out some engagements, both with his wife and on his own.

"I reckon I've done my bit so I want to enjoy myself a bit now, with less responsibility, less frantic rushing about, less preparation, less trying to think of something to say. On top of that your memory's going, I can't remember names and things," he told the BBC.

"It's better to get out before you reach the sell-by date," he added.
Read the rest here.

2 comments:

Alice C. Linsley said...

Bowing out gracefully is an art.

I pray that God will bless him.

Jack O'Malley said...

Prince Philip: It's better to get out before you reach the sell-by date

My inveterate instinct as an Irishman is to have contempt for these royals. But Prince Philip seems one decent bloke. God bless him and may he recover quickly and ad multos annos.