Friday, August 10, 2012

Taxes

I just received my tax return for 2011 back from the IRS. It puzzles me!!! They are questioning how many dependents I claimed. I guess it was because of my response to the question: “List all dependents?”I replied: 12 million illegal immigrants; 3 million crack heads; 42 million unemployed people on food stamps, 2 million people in over 243 prisons; Half of Mexico; and 535 persons in the U.S. House and Senate.” Evidently, this was NOT an acceptable answer. I KEEP ASKING MYSELF, WHOM DID I MISS?
-Daniel Duval (from here)

5 comments:

123 said...

I'm pretty sure he pays under $100k in taxes. He supports that in the same way I own GE because some of a few mutual funds I own holds GE stock.

I'm reminded of a comment made by a friend concerning the epic flop that was "Waterworld". I was asked whether I was going to see it, I responded by saying I didn't think so because it didn't look like it was worth $1 billion. "Funny", he said, "my ticket only cost $8."

This is also a lot like deeply red, deeply conservative Alabama taking far more in federal money than it sends to Washington - and then complaining about Washington, taxes, etc.

I think we can all agree with the Tea Party, "Keep your hands off my Medicare".

Anaxagoras said...

123 nailed it.

LV said...

What part of "joke" do you fine folks not understand?

123 said...

What's a joke to him is political dogma to far too many others. Best not to assume he's on the side of the angels on this one.

The Anti-Gnostic said...

I think we can all agree with the Tea Party, "Keep your hands off my Medicare".

Yes, and keep your hands off my Social Security when I start taking every penny to which I'm entitled. But anybody who thinks the welfare state is sustainable is operating under a delusion.