Sunday, October 07, 2012

AXIOS!

To Fr. David Thatcher of St. Mary Magdalene parish in Merced, the priest who brought me into The Church (and an occasional commenter on this blog). On Sunday October 7th he is to be raised to the dignity of Archpriest by Archbishop Benjamen of the Diocese of the West. At the same liturgy Mark Doiel a friend and former co-laborer on the parish council is to be tonsured as a Reader.

It had been my intention to attend but to my intense disappointment I have been thwarted by logistical difficulties.

Axios and many years!

1 comment:

Archpriest David Thatcher said...

Thank you, John! It would be great to have you there with us! You deserve a joyful day like this. We are about to close escrow, too, and be unburdened of great difficulties. Call Pete and get a ride, my friend!

Thank you, again!