Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Making Satire Redundant

Responding to...
Could someone please explain why our [Episcopal] church is openly promoting, supporting and celebrating sin?

Bruce responds...
Yes, I will explain it to you. Sin is in the eye of the beholder. What you view as sin, others view as beauty. I am not a homosexual, but I believe that the same God that made me and others heterosexual made other people homosexual. I think it is counter-intuitive to think that ideas of 3,500 years ago should still be followed today. The fact that a tribe of Hebrews wrote a book 3,500 years ago encapsulating their history and philosophy does not compel us to follow all their ideas as though they were cast in concret for all time. Hopefully we have learned something in the passage of time. We have learned that slavery is ignoble. We have learned that women need not be subservient to men. We have learned that black people are equal to and indeed no different from white people. At leat many of us have learned this. Now we have learned that certain people, about 5%, are born with same-sex orientation. It is not a life style they choose, any more than a person chooses to be born black or hispanic or asian. If Jesus stands for anything, he stands for the proposition that we should love one another, and “by this all men shall know that you are my disciples, by the love you have for one another.” So I suggest that you quit casting stones unless you are that rara avis the person without sin. Homosexuals are not committing sin. They are doing what is natural for them to do by reason of the way God made them. Okay?

From here.
Via MCJ

5 comments:

Dennis said...

Well that's certainly hilarious.

If sin is in the eye of the beholder, what's stopping me from consider myself without sin? In such case, shouldn't I be allowed to cast stones left, right, and center?

The Archer of the Forest said...

Hmmm, I guess then the beauty of shacking up with the woman other than my wife is okay. Good to know.

Anonymous said...

Moral relativism par excellence.

gabriel said...

Proof that sin addles minds.

bob said...

So THAT'S why people get up on Sundays to go to an Episcopal church service! To be told everything they want is right. All you ever have to eat is candy.