Saturday, July 27, 2013

A Note From Diane Kamer (and my response)

Re: This post
Shut down comments...and then post a screed from a disgruntled trad in the process of doxing.
Don't you guys ever play fair? Apparently not...because that would put you at a disadvantage.
Diane,
I shut down the comments because I have a low tolerance for the kind of internet bomb throwers and professional polemicists who had hijacked the discussion. If you think Ex Trad Cath's comment was a "screed" you really need to go back and take a look at your own commentary history of at least five years. And I note that you didn't refer to Owen White's blistering attack on American Orthodoxy as a screed. Of course not. It is not possible in your world view to post an anti-Orthodox screed. John B (whom I like and respect, current differences notwithstanding) and Modestinus are IMO both suffering from an unfortunate case of convertitus. It happens. Hopefully they will get over it. And yes I have seen it on our side of the fence too, and I find it just as distasteful.

But what's your excuse? From what I can gather you are just an Orthophobe who loathes us because... well we exist and we aren't Catholic. I have never once seen you show up in a Ortho-Cath discussion where you did not do your utmost to turn it into an inter-confessional food fight. It seems to me that you need a nasty religious argument the way most people need oxygen. And I'm sorry, but I just don't have the time or patience for that kind of crap.

Honestly, I think you are an anti-Orthodox bigot and a thoroughly obnoxious internet troll of the worst description. Further, to the best of my knowledge that view is shared by every Orthodox blogger who I can recall mentioning your name. So go peddle your "woes me!" always the martyr in defense of the True Faith BS elsewhere. Because sister, what you're selling, I'm not buying.

To my readers, I apologize for the extreme lack of charity in this post.

Comments are closed.

Note: I accidentally misspelled Diane's last name in the post title. I regret the error and have corrected it.