Thursday, January 15, 2009

A little levity

As some of you know from private correspondence it's been a challenging week for me in what is shaping up to be a tough month. A good laugh being always welcome after a rough week, I stumbled on this little clip below and laughed harder than I have in a long time. Is it just my imagination or were there really television shows once upon a time that were both classy and funny? Anyway without further introduction let's all step into the wayback machine and set the dial for 1953. It's time for everyone's favorite guessing game... "What's My Line?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this! I have relatives in the Jim Thorpe/Palmerton area of PA, so this was doubly funny, (although no one in the family to my knowledge ever visited it!)

- Steve

Archpriest David Thatcher said...

Well, this was funny, but I'm not sure what you're thinking in the description "classy." I always like Steve Allen -- what intelligence and humor! However, he did seem almost irked by the audience's laughing responses to his unknowingly humorous questions.