Thursday, October 13, 2011

The 18 Most Hated Companies In America

You're not the only person who hates Bank of America, American Airlines and Time Warner.

We've updated our list of the worst companies on the American Customer Satisfaction Index, which gives remarkably accurate ratings based on thousands of surveys. The most-hated list hasn't changed much since June, because the companies rated since then are in the well-liked durable goods industries.

"Generally speaking, manufacturing companies have a much easier time to quality control their products," ACSI's David VanAmburg told us. "In terms of purchase and consumption, you're going to get much higher ratings than an airline company where there's a greater chance that something can go wrong."

The worst companies include big banks, legacy airlines and utilities...
Read the rest here.

I can't comment on all of them, but the business listed that I have had dealings with (Comcast comes to mind) really do suck.

2 comments:

Visibilium said...

Nice post. Have you noticed that most of the companies are heavily insulated, by government regulation, from free and open competition?

Incidentally, I have relationships with both of the banks listed. I'm not aware of customer service challenges because the services I patronize are so efficient on the front end.

LV said...

I totally agree re: Comcast. Interesting to note the furor over the debit card fees BOA has imposed; my bank, Regions (based in the South) just imposed a $4 fee, but I've not seen anything in the press about it. I've refused to use the card, and am looking into changing banks.