Friday, November 18, 2011

Archbishop Lazar: A disturbing video

There is a disconcerting video made by OCA Archbishop Lazar (Puhalo).  It can be found here.  He has also posted comments which are IMO deeply disturbing.  You can read them here.  Perhaps I am misreading them but at least in one comment he sounds like he is endorsing same sex marriage.

HT: NFTU 
(Note: NFTU is a schismatic website.  I do not endorse it or its views.  But I feel obliged to acknowledge where I first found this video mentioned,)

4 comments:

Anastasia Theodoridis said...

Although I lost the sound at the 6.3 minute mark, I didn't hear him say a word about same-sex marriage, or notice anything about that in my rapid perusal of his comments, either.

What he clearly is supporting is sex change surgery.

Brian D. said...

Archbishop Lazar has never set well with me. In my mind, something about him is sketchy.

He can be heard on the Facebook page "Listening: Breaking the Silence on Sexuality within the Orthodox Church" (which they just closed to a closed group) giving a very sympathetic voice to same-sex relationships.

Ingemar said...

That "Archbishop" Lazar is allowed to be called so by the OCA is a sign of a problem with the latter, not the former. He should have been ignored the moment ROCOR deposed him whilst a deacon.

Archpriest David Thatcher said...

We should all be compassionate, loving, understanding people to everyone, of course. But we mustn't make the all-too-common mistake of modern "scientism," that confuses description (what is) with prescription (what ought to be). A physiological problem in fetal sexual development (common or not) is hardly the basis for a complete revision of true Christian morality. The cleric did not say this, but it head that direction.