Saturday, January 01, 2022

Happy New Year


So; happy new year everybody. If the blog looks a little off, or it looked really weird earlier, it's because I had a massive brain fade this morning. While tinkering a bit with the layout in preparation for adding a few links, I accidentally deleted a large chunk of the side bar. If you think you faintly heard someone from the far side of the country screaming words and phrases typically associated with angry and or drunken sailors, it was probably me. I have since discovered that blogspot does NOT cache or save earlier versions of your blog. So, I spent a good deal of my day going through the waybackmachine that, thank G-- does preserve, and manually rebuilding my sidebar one link at a time. 

Here's hoping this is not an omen for how 2022 is going to go. 

4 comments:

The Anti-Gnostic said...

God bless brother. I took down my blogs so you can delete the links in the sidebar.

John (Ad Orientem) said...

Sorry to hear it. Blessed new year to you and yours.

The Anti-Gnostic said...

Thank you and same to you! I may revive it again but as I mentioned, it got pretty tedious writing about the same stupidity and evil, year after year.

unreconstructed rebel said...

I am coming to appreciate the Prayer of Saint Francis as a way to cope with the fallen world as it is. When I was baptized, I was presented to the Congregation with the charge that I would "manfully fight under his banner, against the world, and the devil, and to continue as Christ's faithful soldier and servant unto [my] life's end." (from the old Book of Common Prayer). I am coming to appreciate what that charge really means.

Happy New Year.