Monday, April 05, 2010

Bright Monday

I was looking for an appropriate icon for the day, but figured why not be honest. This is what today means for a lot of us. On which note there is no fasting this week. If my memory is correct this is the one week out of the year where fasting is not merely optional but actually forbidden. (Readers more knowledgeable in church canons will correct me if I am wrong.) Also kneeling and full prostrations are prohibited both in church and at home until Pentecost.

The joy of the feast to all of you...

1 comment:

Pr Seraphim said...

(Personal) fasting is not forbidden. For instance, I never eat meat. I will not eat it this week. I can choose ANYTHING to eat or not eat this week. I did tell my parish that TOFU is forbidden this week - there must be a canon somewhere that backs me up!

Priest Seraphim Holland
St Nicholas Orthodox Church, McKinney.
Our Blog, with almost daily posts:
http://www.orthodox.net/redeemingthetime