Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Excuse me... what year is this?

I ask because I just read an op-ed piece that is so breathtaking in its anti-Catholic bigotry that I am wondering if I might not have been caught in some sort of time warp. The article in question would have been par for the course, in say 1928 when Al Smith was running for president and the Klan was sounding the alarm about the dual allegiance of those liquor loving papists. But that something like this could be written in our day and age, by a journalist for a respected weekly news magazine, AND get by the editor is shocking.

Honestly, some heads (plural) need to roll over this.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You're absolutely right. This is Catholic bashing at its "finest".

David Garner said...

Yes, Sonia Sotomayor (a woman) and the nuns (women) are waging a war on women.

Well played, U.S. News. Well played.