Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Life without all the tech... My vote for the best video of the month



Click here for the background story.

This guy would be my sister's hero, except she doesn't have a computer and can't see the video.   How anti-tech is my sister?  Generally speaking she disdains anything developed post 1975. No cell phone (they cause cancer).  She doesn't even like touch tone phones.  I am not joking.  The phone in her house is a rotary.  No computer, they are just waiting to take over the world.  Word processing?  She has my mom's old manual typewriter.  ATMs?  Rarely and only in urgent situations.  She prefers cash for everything.  She has by necessity accepted modern cars, but she hates them.  Her favorite car was her 1973 Ford Gran Torino, a car I remember fondly for its ability to go from 0 to 60 in about 3 seconds just from breathing on the accelerator.  We won't discuss gas mileage.

Oh for the good old days.

No comments: